Dental website design is harder than the website designs for most professionals. The dental website design must have a few simple things in order to be attractive to the people that visit it. The following pointers may help you create the best dental website design for your clinic.
Positive things to Include in your Dental Website Design
When people visit the web pages of a dentist they generally do so because they have a problem with their teeth, or because they are looking for a new dentist. You want your pages to be friendly and welcoming so that the visitor stays on the site long enough to make the decision they need to make.
• Keep the features on the site easy to use
• Provide a site map so people can quickly find the topic they came to read about. People will be more likely to look at the rest of the pages on the site if they were able to find the thing they came to see with ease.
• Have informational articles on different things related to oral care. Give your professional advice on how to care for problems in the mouth, and how to identify conditions that might turn into potential problems
• Explain what types of pain relievers and anesthetics, the clinic uses
• Provide a place for patients to leave comments about the dentist, the staff at the clinic, and their experiences there. Be sure that you quickly respond to any negative comments to try and address what caused the person to be unhappy with the clinic
• Pictures of all of the staff with a little information about each staff member. Keep the information on a business level and do not put private information about the staff on the website. Do include degrees the different staff members hold
Negative things to avoid when designing a website for a dentist
• Do not elaborate on the amount of pain that any procedure may cause. Remember that people fear the pain of coming to get dental work done, so try to keep from writing articles that use the words pain or painful in them
• Do not put a lot of videos and games on the site that will require the visitor to have a Flash player, or high-speed internet in order to be able to view the material. People are not going to wait around for a video to load
• A price list. It would be nice if you could advertise the prices you charge, but you need to remember that a lot of things affect the price of a procedure. One extraction may be very simple to do and you might only charge 40 to perform it, but the next person may have a more difficult extraction that takes more anesthetics, more time, and more skill to complete. You can list base prices if you want to, but when you make a base price list people often think they should pay no more than that price. It is best to discuss the costs of procedures when the patient is in the office.
Source by Afshin Nejad